Ramkey Communications Inc. Multi-year Accessibility Policy and Plan
The 2014-21 accessibility plan outlines the policies and actions that Ramkey Communications Inc. will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities. The Multi-year Accessibility Plan will be modified on a yearly basis to reflect Ramkey Communications Inc. accomplishments in improving our services for those with disabilities, and to maintain compliance with the IASR.
The Ontarians with Disabilities Act (ODA), 2001 requires agencies to implement a public Accessibility Policy and to update/review the Policy on an annual basis. The AODA was enacted in 2005, yet the ODA remains in force until the ODA has been repealed. Ramkey Communications Inc. meets requirements of the AODA, including requirements for an Accessibility Policy and Plan under the ODA.
Statement of Commitment
Ramkey Communications Inc. is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Customer Service Standard
Ramkey Communications Inc. has developed policies to comply with Regulation 429/07 of the AODA - Accessibility Standards for Customer Service. Regulation 429/07 sets out guidelines for preventing and removing barriers to accessibility to improve the customer services of agencies. Regulation 429/07 required private organizations to comply with the Customer Service Standard as of January 1, 2012.
Ramkey Communications Inc. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including persons with disabilities. We have put the customer service policies into practice as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. The Ramkey Communications Inc. Customer Service Policy outlines our commitment to accessibility and status of achievements for each area of the Customer Service Standard. Please click here to access Ramkey Communications Inc. Customer Service Policy, which is also available in an accessible format upon request.
Customer Service Achievements:
Ramkey Communications Inc. has achieved the following requirements of the Customer Service Standard of the AODA:
Ramkey Communications Inc. has created and put in place a customer service plan that:
- Considers a person's disability when communicating with them
- Allows assistive devices in the workplace, like wheelchairs, walkers and oxygen tanks
- Allows service animals
- Welcomes support persons
- Let's customers know when accessible services aren't available
- Invites customers to provide feedback
Ramkey Communications Inc. has trained staff on accessible customer service, and has created an ongoing process to train new staff with regards to the customer service standard.
Ramkey Communications Inc. has put the customer service plan in writing, and made the plan available to the public and Ramkey Communications Inc. employees.
- The plan can be accessed here
- The plan is available in accessible formats, if requested
Ramkey Communications Inc. has reported Ramkey Communications Inc. progress online by filing an accessibility report with the Minister of Community and Social Services. Ramkey Communications Inc. will comply with the customer service standard by filing an accessibility report on an annual basis.
Employment Standard: Workplace Emergency Response Information
Accessible Emergency Information
Ramkey Communications Inc. is committed to providing the customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Ramkey Communications Inc. has created a process for documenting accessibility issues for employees and for documenting individualized workplace emergency response information, to comply with the AODA Employment Standard: Workplace Emergency Response Information by January 1, 2012.
Ramkey Communications Inc. has provided all existing employees individualized Employee Emergency Information Worksheets to document emergency plans for those with accessibility issues in the event of an emergency. Ramkey Communications Inc. has provided all employees with accessibility issues in emergencies individualized workplace emergency response plans.
Ramkey Communications Inc. is committed to maintaining a safe workplace for all employees and will continue to document workplace emergency plans, and revise and review existing emergency plans, for employees requiring assistance with accessibility in the event of an emergency.
Ramkey Communications Inc. will review the emergency response information when:
- The employee changes work locations;
- We review the employee's overall accommodation needs;
- We review our organization's emergency response policies
Ramkey Communications Inc. provides training to employees, volunteers and other staff members on Ontario's accessibility laws and on the Ontario Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees, volunteers and other staff members. Ramkey Communications Inc. takes the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario's accessible laws by January 1, 2015:
1. Deliver training to all Ramkey Communications Inc. employees that provides training on:
- The IASR requirements that apply to Ramkey Communications Inc.
- What you have to do under the Ontario Human Rights Code (related to disabilities)
2. Ramkey Communications Inc. provides training to:
- All employees and volunteers, including paid and unpaid positions;
- Anyone who is involved in developing your organization's policies, including managers, senior leaders, directors and owners, and;
- Anyone who provides goods, services or facilities on your behalf, such as facilities management and contact centers.
Information and Communications Standard
To comply with the AODA Customer Service Standard, Ramkey Communications Inc. has put into place an accessible feedback process to receive and respond to feedback from customers and members of the public who have a disability.
Ramkey Communications Inc. has made the feedback process available to the public, and is available in accessible formats on request. Click here for information on providing feedback to Ramkey Communications Inc. regarding accessibility issues.
Ramkey Communications Inc. has taken the following steps to ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to employees with disabilities upon request by January 1, 2015:
- Create a feedback process to receive and respond to feedback from our employees.
- Make the feedback process in multiple formats, such as telephone, email, mail, and in-person.
Ramkey Communications Inc. is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
Ramkey Communications Inc. has taken the following steps to make all new websites and content on those sites conform with WCAG 2.0, Level A by January 1, 2014:
- Provide text alternatives for any non-text content so that it can be changed into other forms people need, such as large print, Braille, speech, symbols or simpler language.
- Make all functionality available from a keyboard.
- For any moving, blinking or scrolling information that (1) starts automatically, (2) lasts more than five seconds, and (3) is presented in parallel with other content, provide a mechanism for the user to pause, stop, or hide it unless the movement, blinking, or scrolling is part of an activity where it is essential; and
- For any auto-updating information that (1) starts automatically and (2) is presented in parallel with other content, provide a mechanism for the user to pause, stop, or hide it or to control the frequency of the update unless the auto-updating is part of an activity where it is essential.
Ramkey Communications Inc. will take the following steps to ensure all publicly available information is made accessible upon request by January 1, 2016:
- Let the public know that we will make information accessible upon request.
- Consult with people who request accessible information to figure out how to meet their needs, as soon as possible.
Ramkey Communications Inc. will take the following steps to make all websites and content conform with WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021:
For Web pages that cause legal commitments or financial transactions for the user to occur, that modify or delete user-controllable data in data storage systems:
- Reversible: Submissions are reversible.
- Checked: Data entered by the user is checked for input errors and the user is provided an opportunity to correct them.
- Confirmed: A mechanism is available for reviewing, confirming, and before finalizing the submission.
Ramkey Communications Inc. is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We have taken the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, Ramkey Communications Inc. will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired.
- Let job applicants know that we accommodate disabilities during the selection process.
- If a job applicant requests accommodation, consult with them and make adjustments that best suit their needs.
- Notify successful applicants of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
Information for Employees
Ramkey Communications Inc. has taken the following steps to ensure employees know about our organization's policies for supporting employees with disabilities. By January 1, 2016, we will:
- Ensures our staff know about our organization's policies for supporting employees with disabilities.
- Informs our employees about these policies when:
- this requirement comes into effect for Ramkey Communications Inc., and;
- when we hire new employees;
- when we change the policies.
Processes to Accommodate Employees
Ramkey Communications Inc. will take the following steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability. By January 1, 2016, we will:
- Develop individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
- Outline the steps we will take to help our employees return to work when they:
- have been absent because of a disability, and
- need some form of disability-related accommodation to return to work.
We will take the following steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account. Ramkey Communications Inc. is using performance management, career development and redeployment processes. By January 1, 2016, we will:
- Make performance management accessible by:
- Reviewing our employees' accommodation plans to understand their needs and see whether we need to make adjustments to help them succeed
- Making performance management documents, such as performance plans, available in accessible formats, such as large print, when asked and
- Providing feedback and coach your employees in a way that is accessible to them, such as using plain language for an employee who has a learning disability.
- When we provide career development opportunities, consider what a accommodations your employees with disabilities may need to:
- learn new skills, or;
- take on more responsibilities in their current position;
- consider what we could do to help our employees with disabilities succeed in other positions in our organization when they change jobs.
Ramkey Communications Inc. will take steps to prevent and remove any other accessibility barriers as identified by the public, employees, and clients of Ramkey Communications Inc. as required and requested.
Design of Public Spaces
Ramkey Communications Inc. will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces. Relevant public spaces include:
- Service-related elements service counters, fixed queuing lines and waiting areas
Ramkey Communications Inc. will put the following procedures in place to prevent service disruptions to its accessible parts of its public spaces in accordance with the IASR.
In the event of a service disruption, we will notify the public of the service disruption and alternatives available.
For more information, questions, or concerns regarding accessibility at Ramkey Communications Inc. or to request communication in an accessible format, please contact the Ramkey Communications Inc. Accessibility Officer.